Hospital Discharge Service
Service is offered, following professional assessment, for a time limited period to individuals who require personal, social and or/ domestic care on a domiciliary basis, in order to offer a level of support which will promote independence and those with dementia of any age to enable them to be cared for in their own homes.
Service users will include:
- Those being discharged from hospital
- Where capacity allows those to be maintained in their own home.
The purpose of the scheme is to provide a timely service to those aged over 65 years and those with dementia of any age to enable them to be cared for in their own homes and to provide packages of care that will focus on personal care, domestic tasks and re-enablement.
Other aims include the following:
- to maximise the clients potential to remain in the community
- to offer flexible care packages, taking client/carers wishes into account
- to target services at those in greatest need of re-enablement
- to provide support to carers, as required
- to provide support to complement other services as appropriate